This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Config

i was trying to setup my computer for the internet. while i went through the setup wizard and came to the part where i was supposed to select the region im from, i noticed something very odd. there was no united states option on the whole list, and this is a very big problem, seeing as how thats where i live and all....so can anyone help me out here? what do i do!?!?

Re: Network Config

It's the last entry in North America, right below the ever popular "St. Pierre et Miquelon". North America is between Central America and South America, alphabetically, that is.

Comment

i tried that already. there was no north america option either.

Comment

Now I'm confused. Can you provide some details? First, which version of Kubuntu are you using? Are you using a wired or wireless internet connection? Which program are you using to configure your internet connection? If you don't know the name of the program, how did you start it?

Comment

oh sorry bout that.
          im using feisty fawn. im using wired internet connection. and im trying to use KPPP.

Comment

KPPP only works for dialup, not for ADSL or Cable Modem. However, if you do have dialup, here is the Ubuntu Community Help Wiki page for dialup. That page will send you to the KPPP manual which you may already have on your machine.

Comment

yes im doing dial-up.....sadly.....
              but thanks a bunch man! tis greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Working...
              X