This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trubble installing vlc..

I`m trying to install vlc on my computer, but have ran into a problem while running apt-get install vlc libdvdcss2.
    In my console, following message appears(I translated the message from norwegian);
    "The following packages has unresolved dependency issues:
    libdvdcss2: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2ds1-21) but ds1-20ubuntu14 shall be installed"

Re: Trubble installing vlc..

Originally posted by khes
    I`m trying to install vlc on my computer, but have ran into a problem while running apt-get install vlc libdvdcss2.
    In my console, following message appears(I translated the message from norwegian);
    "The following packages has unresolved dependency issues:
    libdvdcss2: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2ds1-21) but ds1-20ubuntu14 shall be installed"
    Translated into human iot is saying;
    It won't install libdvdcss2 because that file needs libc6 version 2.3.2ds1-21 or greater installed to function, but it is gonna go ahead and install libc6 2.3.2ds1-20, which is to old to work.

So you need to add a repository which contains the updated version of libc6, or install it yourself. then apt will install your vlc....or you could try installing an older version of vlc.

Comment

any suggestion as to what respository I should use? I guess this is one of the things that's sorta hard for a semi.new to linux, figuring out where to get what.

Comment

Right...it's not vlc that's giving you trouble, it's that libdvdcss2.

Breezy repos should have libc6 version 2.3.5 that's new enough for that libdvdcss2.

You seem to be running Kubuntu Hoary (5.04)? If so, maybe it's time to upgrade to Breezy? :P

Comment

I just ran apt-get dist-upgrade, with no upgrades avalible. shouldn't this install the latest release?

Comment

Originally posted by khes
            I just ran apt-get dist-upgrade, with no upgrades avalible. shouldn't this install the latest release?
            In short...you need to:
            1. change your repos from 'hoary' to 'breezy' in /etc/apt/sources.list
            2. sudo apt-get update
            3. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If you feel unsure, there are fairly extensive walkthrough howtos available, for example:
            http://www.noapparentmotive.org/topi...gtobreezy.html
            https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyUpgradeNotes
            (Those are written for ubuntu but are useful for kubuntu as well...and you can search for more info.)

Comment

problem with gtkpod.. hope replys

Impossibile aprire "iTunesDB.ext" per leggere le informazioni estese.
              Le informazioni estese non verranno usate.

Comment

Working...
              X