This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't get the boot thing.

Hey, first of all, I have been using windows Xp for a long time now, and decided to try kubuntu for the beryl effects and stuff, but I didn't want to replace my files, so I downloaded the iso and burned it to CD. The problem is that I don't know how to boot my computer using the CD, I have tried restarting the computer with the CD in the drive but Windows boots up normally and the CD has no affect. I know that there is nothing wrong with the CD because I launched it in windows and it worked and told me to boot with the CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: I just don't get the boot thing.

ohh, first of all you must go to the BIOS, press key "Del" on the startup an at the bios you change a boot driver priority and you change to CDROM, okey?

Comment

The key to get into the BIOS might not be "del". I've also seen both F2 and F12, so there may be others as well. Try them all., or go to the website of your computer's manufacturer and look for instructions.

Comment

Or, watch the bottom of your screen while booting. There is a message that displays that tells you what key to press to get into setup. You may have to act quickly, as on some systems this message does not display for very long.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Actually on my machine, the message is two lines at the top, AND the BIOS doesn't see my monitor correctly, so the top line (which tells how to get into the BIOS) is off the top. One simply can't rely on having that information available at boot on an unfamiliar (new) computer. That's why I suggest the manufacturer's web site.

Comment

Working...
          X