This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver CD

I just booted my Kubuntu 7.04 Live CD a couple of mins ago and seen an option about a driver CD. I think it was something like "Install from Driver CD"

what does this option do?
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Driver CD

Originally posted by RealG187
    I just booted my Kubuntu 7.04 Live CD a couple of mins ago and seen an option about a driver CD. I think it was something like "Install from Driver CD"

what does this option do?
    Guess you're looking for this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubiquity/DriverUpdates
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Not sure, I will have to look at the exact name of the option...
      My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know the option you're talking about and the link I gave you explains exactly what it's for.
        Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

So computer manufacturers can make disks for Linux to be used with this option?

Comment

So computer manufacturers can make disks for Linux to be used with this option?
            Yes, they can. And it's really geared at both computer and hardware manufacturers as well. It's one way of inviting them over to develop drivers for Linux.

Comment

I have an Acer Aspire 9410 and they dont support Linux, I am woried about this:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3084436.0

Comment

You should also check my reply. By the way, I'm running Linux on an ACER Aspire Desktop PC. Yes, they don't support Linux but that doesn't mean the hardware won't work with Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Princey

You should also check my reply. By the way, I'm running Linux on an ACER Aspire Desktop PC. Yes, they don't support Linux but that doesn't mean the hardware won't work with Linux.
                  Which is a better question to ask

"Which hardware works with Kubuntu"

OR

"Which hardware DOESNT work with Kubuntu"

Comment

Working...
                  X