This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept manager problems

I'm a newbee to Kubuntu Feisty Fawn and I've screwed it up already. Please tell me how to fix this. Thanks

Could not initialize the package information

A unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Type '“deb' is not known on line 36 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list, E:The list of sources could not be read.'

Re: adept manager problems

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3083685.0

Comment

You may want to copy the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list into a post here, as from the error you have, there is something wrong on line 36 of that file.

E:Type '“deb'
      Most likely there is quotation mark on that line, which does not belong there. If that is the case, you can easily edit the file by right-clicking on it in Konqueror, select 'Actions', and 'Edit as Root' and make any needed corrections you need to do. If you paste the contents, we can specify exactly what needs to be done to fix it for you.

Comment

I removed the last line (36) using the command "sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list" to edit the sources.list file and all is good. Thanks for stimulating the brain. Using Windows kills the grey matter.

Comment

Depending on what that line had (I assume automatix's repository perhaps?) it may be to a repository with useful stuff for you, perhaps important things for your system, so it is probably better to either put '#' at the beginning of the line (which 'comments' the line out and is not read but preserving the text there), or fixing the line.

Comment

Working...
          X