This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED

I`m using 6.10 but when i was updating to 7.04, my computer crashed so the upgrade did not finish...how to continue the upgrade? So: If the computer crashes while Adept is running, what to do in order to terminate Adept after i restart (because right now Adept says it`s still running, altough it isn`t, so i can`t do anything with it)?

Re: SOS

just like in window$ you can bring up a gui task manager by hitting ctrl-alt-del and choose adept or apt-get or aptitude and choose kill process.
    or if you are familiar with the terminal window, you can type "top" to see process ID's for your programs. When you find the process ID for your program, just push 'k' and enter the PID for your program. It will ask you for a signal (use 9 - it always works for me ). Your program should be killed.
    &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Comment

Code:
      kdesu ksysguard
      then kill adept with it.
      I only use adept to find the packages I need. I use apt-get for insltalling and upgrading. Like:

Code:
      sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
      Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Problem solved. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gediminas2
          I only use adept to find the packages I need. I use apt-get for insltalling and upgrading. Like:

Code:
          sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          apt-get dist-upgrade isn't recommended for upgrading a system. Use the (new) system upgrade tool or use aptitude, both will handle the dependencies better.

Comment

Working...
          X