This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed to alow for dual monitors, now just boots into command line

Ive reinstalled twice now.. I have a 500gb Sata , started from brand new, installed Windows on 450gb (just less) to allow 50gb for linux, i partitioned so i have (/) partition as 45gb and swap as 5gb (not that i need that much having 3gb ram) but none the less, it installs fine every time and i can boot into it ect, but as soon as i change the display settings to 2 monitors, and then restart, it starts to boot like normal then jumps into a comand line login? What causes this and how can i rectify the problem?

My 2 monitors are (Acer 34e, old, but it worked for installing ect, resolution max about 1024x786) and my LCD screen that i want as the main screen (Poly View, 1440x900 , 19" wide screen 16:9), graphics card nvidia 6600gt.

Basically i want the system so it boots up *working* with the Polyview as the main screen and the Acer as the secondary screen (extended desktop fashion). But alas my Acer goes spaz when i try and boot with both screens plugged in, and when i change display settings for 2 screens, i cant even get into the GUI from that point on without a reinstall

Please Help!!!

Re: Changed to alow for dual monitors, now just boots into command line

Can you post the contents of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and describe the change that you make to it to try to get dual-head set up?

Comment

Re: Changed to alow for dual monitors, now just boots into command line

You might want to look this post over. It may help.

http://www.praveen.ws/journal/2007/0...sing-xinerama/
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X