This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no sound, need dell dimension 9150 audio driver

well I am new to kubuntu, how do I know that the driver given for linux is the right driver for kubuntu?
    thanks
    every day is a gift

Re: no sound, need dell dimension 9150 audio driver

Actually I had the same problem. All I needed to do was switch my sound jack to the other port. There's several on the back of a dell. Use the one next to the microphone. between the pink and blue squares is the green one(sound)

Comment

no, it is definately the sound since I already have the the speakers pluged into the the back jack while I use skype in the front one, I have no sound icon in the taskbar.

question: does the driver differ between linuxs or will any driver do as long as the maker say that it is linux
      every day is a gift

Comment

anyone please,

I have been onto dell's site that are drivers but I am sure if the driver they offer is the one I need as there are many distros and kubuntu is not mentioned by name
        every day is a gift

Comment

I, too, have a Dell 9150 and I've just this week installed kubuntu Edgy Eft. And I also had no sound until just a moment ago. I was looking in other posts on the kubuntu forums about sound problems and a poster mentioned kmix the kde volume/channel mixer. I have my speakers plugged into the GREEN outlet from the 5.1 surround outputs on the back of the computer. Turns out that this is indicated by kmix as the 3D SURROUND channel. If the green light above that slider is not lit (bright green rather than dark green) that channel is inactive. You should click on the light to activate the channel and make sure that the sliders for both this 3D SURROUND and PCM are both above the zero point. Hopefully this will help you as it helped me :-)

Comment

jstalnak, do you get 5.1 sound?

I'm curious since I have a 9150 as well but no 5.1 sound (only 2.1)

Greetz
            Beware the Almighty Command Line

Comment

Working...
            X