This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIXED - Problem with Paid Subscriptions

We have discovered a problem with Paid Subscriptions since our server upgrade to 10.04 LTS and PHP 5.5.9.

When you purchase a Paid Subscription, our database isn't being updated to reflect your purchase, and as a result, you aren't being identified to the additional usergroup that contains your badge. It seems that the member is receiving positive confirmation that the purchase was made, and our Host, Open Source, is receiving the payments.

A trouble ticket has been placed with vBulletin.com. I have requested the older, version 4.2.1 .php files associated with paid subscriptions so I test if using those files will fix this problem. Some on vBulletin.com have said it does.

In the meantime, when you purchase a Paid Subscription, please email me at snowhog@kubuntuforums.net so i can verify that purchase and get your badge onto your profile.

Thank you.

Snowhog
    KFN Administrator

Update, February 3, 2015

With our Hosts assistance, this problem is 'fixed'. Reverting the pertinent vBulletin files back to version 4.2.1 did the trick. However, why the problem occurred with the version 4.2.3 Beta 3 files must still be resolved by vBulletin Tech Support.

I've asked Open Source to watch for any 'duplicate payments' that he *might* receive, and if he does, to refund them. Only two members, according to the logs, might be so affected.

Snowhog
    KFN Administrator
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 03, 2015, 07:56 PM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes
Working...
X