This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BB code for console text

When describing a procedure, it can enhance understanding if you differentiate the formatting of any text the reader should type. I have typically used bold text for this. It works, but it's less effective if the text is several words. I thought that we might try something new.

I created a new BB code for you to use for setting commands and other console text apart from normal text within a paragraph. When you want to mention a command in a paragraph of text, use the [CONSOLE][/CONSOLE] tag set. For example, typing [CONSOLE]foobar --switch some_file.zzz[/CONSOLE] will look like foobar --switch some_file.zzz for a very nice offset. The tag applies a light gray background, switches to a monospace font, and places a single space on either side of the text. You can place other BB codes inside this one because bold is still cool. The tag will not parse links or smileys.

You can also use the dollar sign button in the enhanced editor toolbar:

Clicking the button will place the opening and closing tags at the current cursor position. If you select text first, then clicking the button will apply the tags to the highlighted text.
    Last edited by SteveRiley; May 30, 2014, 09:24 PM.

hehe.
    Kool --KDE tool
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

needs the $ appended at the beginning, but set so that it isn't copied when selecting the text

Ya ima be needy nellie (j/ki!)

Nice addition!

Comment

Working...
      X