This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Online Community Gaming

I belong to a lot of online gaming communities, maybe too many. I have accounts on Kongregate, FOG, and Armor Games just to name a few.

The game site FOG stands for Free Online Games. It is rather peculiar in the fact that you can make a profile, avatar, and groups. However they have no means to communicate, no instant messages, mail, or biography. I can follow other players and they can follow me and join my group. But they cannot talk to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scale2.png
Views:	1
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	648013
    The Anti-Social Social Network?

All of these sites run Flash games, which is interesting, since Flash is no longer updated by Adobe. So as I look at the endless wasteland of free online games, it makes me wonder, where this is headed? Most charge you money for fictional coins or gems for upgrades or buffs. There sure are a lot of these games on Facebook and other social sites.

Recently I was playing an online flash game called "The Settlers" on Facebook, which is by Blue Byte Software. I had only play 3 days when I got a notice that my account was banned. I wasn't financially involved thank God. But I was more curious about why I got the ban hammer or the perma-ban. It turned out a handful of people were playing the same game from my building and the complex has the same IP address. After a lot of Q&A with tech support, I just told support to delete my account.

I don't understand their line of thought... If I am selling people "fictional" items from a game I developed, I really wouldn't care if 1,000 people logged in with one account or one person logged in with 1,000 accounts. I bet anything they would end up paying me something down the road. Or take the case that mom and her kids are all playing together. It just seems counter productive to ban families from playing together as well. I wonder how many libraries, colleges, or other wifi hotspots are banned IP addresses?

So basically, Blue Byte made me feel bad that all the other tenants in my building have been banned like it was my fault. If you play any of these online games I am certain you have some stories to share too.
Working...
X