This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VLC and IPTV

I noticed a post about a person wanting to view streaming Internet TV. I had used a peripheral card to do that about 15 years ago. I recalled someone saying that VLC could watch TV streaming on the Internet.
    I installed the 2.2.5 version from the repository. When I clicked on the Local Network-->Network (SAP) nothing populated the right panel.
    I noticed the following on the 2.2.8 version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sap-image.gif
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	649281

The image showed two checkboxes, one for IPv4 and one for IPv6. Those checkboxes are missing on the 2.2.5 app from the repository. So, I attached the VLC ppa and updated to the 2.2.8 version. Alas, it does not have those two checkboxes, so the Linux version gets the shaft again. It seems that SAP requires MBONE, which is not available.

However, Icecast Radio and Jamendo filled in nicely. Even better is an accessory called "TuneIn Radio", which opens hundreds of audio streams, but no TV.
    https://addons.videolan.org/content/...content=152788

Anyone having any success (on Linux) of getting "Network (SAP" to display IPTV streams? Otherwise, it is a process of hunting for URL's and pasting them in one at a time.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 26, 2018, 06:51 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.
Working...
X