X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Timed out while Posting!

YaaAaAaArrrRrrghHH!

Not again! I was trying to post an Howto on making a grub boot floppy and this rassing ##^@# frassin @#!$% thingy @#% dookhickey wiped out my post as I was working on it (while testing it on my computer).

This ain't the first time either.  It's not like I'm leaving the window untouched or anything either; maybe a 2 or 3 minute delay tops!  Then, the really frustrating part is you get a blank screen and when you hit the back button, all your post is gone! zippo! nada! adios amigos muchachos ubunteros!

As you can see below, next time this happens I'm gonna take my pachuco knife and cut my screen to kilobits!

What up bro? Anyway to fix this?

Much obliged.

P.S. I'm really a peaceful man.  I only use my pachuco knife to shave...

Re: Session Timed out while Posting!

I will check the smf forums to see if there is any kind of known solution. Sorry this is happening to you.

Comment

Ah, no biggy bro. I actually found a way around it when I post a long howto. I just fire up vi and copy paste stuff there first, then copy paste it all back here at once.

Comment

Hey OS, just to add to your "to do" list, this probably deserves a separate thread but it's Sunday morning and I'm too lazy to start one.  Anyways, from the mkportal I select "new posts" and it shows 3 pages in the forums.  When I click on "2" or "3", I don't get other pages, but instead this:

Pages: [1] Mark ALL messages as read
        No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics.
        Pages: [1] Mark ALL messages as read

I've also noticed that in the forum itself, if I click on either:

Show unread posts since last visit.
        Show new replies to your posts.

...I also get that message above (sometimes but not all the time), and I can manually look at other sections or the 10 recent posts for the day and there ARE new posts since my last login.  Let me know if you need further information bro...

Comment

It doesn't seem to give me any problems. I am wondering if both issues are on the user's end. I only say this because no one else has complained about either issue. Can everyone who has these problems please post here so I can know if it is a consistent problem? Could it be a browser setting or something? Have you tried clearing cookies, and cache to see if the session timeout issue goes away. Let me know if the problem persists.

OS

Comment

Having the same problem as skoal ( not the rassin frassin *&^%$ part) but the unread posts bit. Didn't really feel the need to complain about it because I've done that so many times already with other things (and have been helped every time, thankyouallverymuch). Just to let you know.

Ta

Lowey
            I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

So I'm not just imaging these things then? Wow.  That's really good to know.  Trust me on that. 

So, wait, umm, does that mean this little green feller waving a knife in the air while telling me to "stay away from me lucky charms" is real too? I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast ever since!

Comment

Well if you guys have any troubleshooting ideas for this issue, let me know because I have no idea where to begin looking. I will check the simplemachines forum for help.

Comment

Hey OS, I don't know if it means anything, but when I login I use the www.kubuntuforums.net domain, but when searching (for example), for some reason it removes the "www." before the domain.

I don't know why it switches me to that domain.  Maybe a cookie issue? I regularly clean my cookies and cache but it's been doing this since at least I can remember (aka when I joined)...

Comment

well I have it set up to forward all users to kubuntuforums.net and it now only stores one cookie. So that should be normal. I never touch my cookies or my cache. I am checking simplemachines forum right now.

Comment

So is it supposed to be fixed now, or it's still being worked on, because I'm having this issue... the weird thing is that I'll be able to post to one thread; then the next thread (literally seconds later) needs verification because my session "timed out." I haven't cleared my cookies or logged out.
                      Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

I am still trying to figure it out. Could everybody who has this problem please post what browser(s) they are using? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source
                          I am still trying to figure it out. Could everybody who has this problem please post what browser(s) they are using? Thank you.
                          Firefox 1.5. It happens to me in both Windows XP and Kubuntu.
                          Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

I'm not getting this error...at all
                            <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

I have no idea what could be the problem. I searched for answers, and check my feature settings, with no luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X