This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final check before donating computer

I'm planning on donating my beautiful, all-time-favorite-by-far laptop. It's a System76 Kudu Pro 17.3" whose recent hardware issues nudged me to replace it [with a Gazelle 17.3"--which I hope becomes my new all-time favorite]. I normally keep computers, and continue using them even though they're no longer primary. But because this one needs repairs, I'm going to let it go. I know there are organizations that repair/refurbish computers, then give them to needy students. It's important to me that the place I pick sticks with Linux...even if it's not my beloved Kubuntu. But I digress...

I'm reasonably sure I've copied everything important from the old laptop to the new one, and to backup drives; this includes the obvious stuff [my $HOME files, images, videos, documents] plus configuration files [like in /etc] that I customized, and can use later as reference. Before I wipe its hard drive, I want to be sure I haven't overlooked anything.

Please let any thoughts/ideas/suggestions/possibilities flow! I know we all customize our file structures to our own liking, so we won't have identical directories, but I do leave system/OS directories as is. If you think of anything I might wish I had saved, like customized configs, or anything else, please let 'em rip! I don't want to end up later saying, 'oh, shoot!, I wish I had saved...'
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Working...
X