This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 8.04 Feedback

Given the category descriptions, I was not sure where this should go. Having said that, I will get to the point. I am BEYOND impressed with this version of Kubuntu!! The previous versions were slow, clunky monsters on my machine. This is by far the fastest, smoothest kde distro--even better than Mandriva and PCBSD(BSD variant). Every KDE distro I have ever used all seemed to have a flaw where my memory was constantly being eaten up at a slow rate. After a few hours, my computer was very slow. I have left Kubuntu running all day and no slow down! I always defaulted to GNOME-based distros b/c of this flaw, but this is the first distro I would actually stick SOLELY b/c of KDE. I think the KDE team has done a phenomenal job with EVERYTHING KUBUNTU! The website for the forums is sharper and far more intuitive than UBUNTU and the distro itself, for the first time(for me), is actually better than its parent, UBUNTU. I would love to see the KDE team pull off the same miracle w/ KDE 4 when 8.10 comes out. If there is anything I(a non-programmer) can do to help, I will try. I think I have ranted(or raved) enough. Thanks again for all of your hard-work KDE team!

(P.S. Maybe one day, Kubuntu will become the primary distro for Canonical).
Working...
X