This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okular is a complete workhorse fillable pdf forms

In my post op phase I, along with all other adjuncts, am having to deal with not only the Demicans messing us over but now the Repubicats are messing us over...to "cut the fat"...

Anyway...the week after we "got the news", I decided that I was not going to sit around moaning "why me" or just quitting or applying to Wallyworld.

To that end I have been filling out, on average, one application to teach online per day...

Amazingly...

I have actually found ONE university that had an online application service, yes they wanted .pdf of unofficial transcripts but...

ALL of the Unis are STILL using ... .pdf... :0 I mean business dropped that model a couple of years ago!!

And what is even more egregious, considering how the Unis shout loudly how smart they are...

a) MOST of the applications are literally a pdf of an IMAGE of their original application form...with which one has to use GIMP or such.

b) HOWEVER, some Unis really have moved into the dawn of a new era and provide...

a FILLABLE .pdf form!!

Okular just does it...

Click the .pdf and Okular pops a message if it has fillable forms and one just does it...

tabbing, automatic font adjustment, it just works...

I'm averaging one per day...that is just TEDIOUS...but Okular makes it a breeze for fillable forms.

Anyone who may need to deal with multiple .pdfs that have fillable forms...should consider Okular.

Hats off to the Okular devs!

woodlovesOkularsmoke

NOTE: some Unis that have a fillable form, for some reason, produce a fillable form which is not "truly fillable" for all of the fields it can be hit or miss or not eve there. I have no explanation for that unless they are using possibly a Mac or some kind of "old" PDF form maker.
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 30, 2017, 03:32 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X