X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xubuntu Screen Changes

Hi ,

I am running Xubuntu 6.06, and suddenly my default screen has changed.Originally the screen had a toolbars at the top, showing applications and web browser icon and to the top right was a symbol where I clicked to shutdown.
    Also at the bottom of the screen was another toolbar with the current processes and to the right, was the 4 workshpaces icons.

After rebooting the screen now shows no toolbars. The right click works the show the desktop menu. It seems as if there is a hide function enabled. But are far as I am aware I had not changed any settings. The only thing I had done to install Mondo and Mindi. Run Mondo arescue in root terminal window. Reboot to check out the CD created it did not work but that is another story. But it tried to boot. Now the boot to the disk shows the this screen problem.

Jim R.

System AMD K6-2/450 128MB 2GB HD 1.7GB HD, split between Ext3 & FAT32
    I know I need more memory and or better system

Re: Xubuntu Screen Changes

Hi,

Just a short update , if I log in as an additiona user even with the name , this is allowed, the new screen is OK . Tis there a corrupted file somewhere

Comment

Re: Xubuntu Screen Changes

I don't know if 6.06 is using xfce or xfce4, but to restore your panels, open a command line and issue xfce-panel or xfce4-panel. You can add this to your start up applications if it continues to be a problem. I'm sorry that the xfce forum that we were running on cafelinux is no longer active, but it just did not receive enough traffic to justify the maintainers keeping it going.

Comment

Working...
      X