X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the H@## is going on!!!!????

Ok,
    I know that i am JUST A DOOF!!!

But, I have a tower/hardware/computer that is hooked into my TELEVISION.........this is a WIDE SCREEN AS IN BIG HONKING WIDE SCREEN TELEVISION....Theater style...

And "the best distro" in TERMS OF BEING ABLE TO STAND ACROSS THE ROOM WITH A GYRATION AIR MOUSE...

I MEAN..............RESOLUTION.........is.......and is not................A BIG PROBLEM

for a F@#$%^& TELEVISION SCREEN...............

IN THE MIDDLE OF A PARTY...............beer, rum and coke, chips, salsa watching the playoffs..........

RESOLUTION IS NOT THE BIG THING.....

BUT...........RESOLUTION IS THE BIG THING............

FOR PARTYING............

I need to be able to "wave my mouse" and get from an advertising to the GAME!!!! whether it be politgically correct soccer or butt your head foot(USA)ball!!!!

The ABSOLUTE BEST DISTRO for this has been and will be .............XUBUNTU!!

I mean.............I'm still running Lucid with the Cairo Dock............
    sp
    I mean..............a "dock" that even the INEBRIATED woodsmoker.........or one of his pals can wave the air mouse and get.......SOME PLACE....

and.......Xubuntu is reduced TO THIS!!! :0

http://wiki.xubuntu.org/

GIVE ME A F&^%(NG BREAK!!!!!!!!

KUbunut should maybe consider being a 'mother ship".........for enthusiasts of "other distros"............

Remember the mother ship in the old Atari....?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_%28video_game%29

SURELY.............Kubuntu is "large enough" to "mother"

DROPPED BY CANONICAL..........other........distros.......

BEcause Canonical is hoarding the "linuxland" to itself in a rather strange way.........

like Microsith

Let Kubuntu.......really be............the distro which accepts all others.....

And then ENHANCES.........Kubuntu for those who want to "try" Kubuntu............

but...........ok........

alll hail...........all well met......

but...........for Xubuntu to be REDUCED to a wikia..

THAT IS WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS..............

Linux WAS............in a time .....far in the past......

about choice of the USER.......

not choice of the GATEKEEPER!!

woodMADASHELLsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Were you looking for this?
    http://xubuntu.org/

This looks like the dev's site.
    http://wiki.xubuntu.org/

Maybe they are all on IRC
    sigpic

Comment

Hi
      thanks for the replyl.......

but please look at that wonderful......static .....webpage....

an IRC?

yea,....I can kind of "get it"......but there are too many people who USE xbuntu to not have a real, honkin' foum , whatever....

TOO MANY "flavours" of "bunttu" have "put up" with being the stepchild...

it is just irritating..........if Shuttleworth could get his way he would become Bill Gates....he "had a difference of opinion" through "a proxy' and basically tried to kill off Kubuntu....

WHEN MONEY GETS INVOLVED...........money will have it's way.

woodjustsayinsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I guess there was one at one time.

Talked about it here.
        Official Xubuntu Forum?

Talked about here too.
        Topic: Xubuntu forum

And here...
        Search Xubuntu Forums, get Ubuntu

Looks like they push IRC and mailing lists.
        Help & Support

It's a tag search on Ubuntu Forums.
        Tag: xubuntu

It never came.
        Xubuntu forum area
        sigpic

Comment

xubuntu one of MANY great distros!!

welll...... i dunno...

I remember when the Linux"mantra" was........."one need, one app".......that all went to he@@...

Now it is..........I......PERSONALLY, IN AGGREGATE............have what YOU NEED!!!......

and devil take the hindmost....

this is just wrong....

If anyone wants to LEARN Linux......the absolute best way was to "get all the penguines in a row" to get xmms working....

CLI.........

no wonderful face...

AND I LOVE AMAROK.....

but this is just...

wrong....

I'm running Xubuntu ..............LUCID .........on my doof old computer and on my VERY HIGH TECH HUGE television screen bcause it ...

"does not have a problem" with Cairo dock and lets ME................

as in ME............set the size of fonts and whatever so that a half plastered guy on the other side of the room can wave a n "air mouse" during a "game....

It USED to be......that "Linux" was about "choice".......it is now about.......'choice that the all knowing eye of the huge distro decides to let you have in our infinite wisdom".....

I KNOW............

The Johnnieman is DEAD..........as in DEAD.............but he used to drag terms off the beltways....

I mean..............this man dragged terms off the beltways.....

and Xubuntu is relegated to IRC's?

Its just.....not....right.

woodindignantsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I don't understand your post, but it seems that new users of the 'buntu distros are faced with forums of nerds with no interest in usability, don't use GUIs, so can't advise on that. And think the CLI is for everyone including children and grannies.
            So if you want to dig deeper you often need to leave the 'comfort ' of a forum for horrendous IRCs and mailing lists. Which I believe are used as a barrier to put off all but the most determined (frustrated) people.
            Last edited by ianp5a; Mar 05, 2016, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
              Hi
              thanks for the replyl.......

but please look at that wonderful......static .....webpage....

an IRC?

yea,....I can kind of "get it"......but there are too many people who USE xbuntu to not have a real, honkin' foum , whatever....

TOO MANY "flavours" of "bunttu" have "put up" with being the stepchild...

it is just irritating..........if Shuttleworth could get his way he would become Bill Gates....he "had a difference of opinion" through "a proxy' and basically tried to kill off Kubuntu....

WHEN MONEY GETS INVOLVED...........money will have it's way.

woodjustsayinsmoke
              While it is true as you say that xubuntu does not have a forum,
              the forum you posted on here kubuntuforums.net, has nothing to do with Ubuntu / Shuttleworth, it is an independent forum, so in context why should xubuntu be any different.
              As for the money it would cost to setup a server etc, if you feel that bad about it, you could always put your hand in your pocket and pay for it, I am sure a lot of people would be greatfull.

Comment

hi guys
                thanks for the replies!

But...........there's ALWAY a but! lol, "Kubuntu" has people that post at the main Ubuntu forum, but there is also this forum which is not associated in any way with the Ubuntu forums, as is prominently displayed on the main page.

So, It would just seem to me that since Xubuntu has been around LONG time, and is active, and an alternate way doing a desktop that there might oughta be a "forum" for the "new people", I detest the term newbie,, IF they actually WANT to have people flocking to Xubuntu.

There is a whle strain of Linux people who do NOT want all the "newbies" cluttering up the place, and they oughta learn it on their own or..... What was that line from Christmas Carol? Are there no workhouses? LOl'

It just seems a little strange when people obsess over Distrowatch Rankings, but then most of that is people moving around distro hopping and probably not a LOT of new users...

Oh well, Just a thought, of little worth.

woodjustcommentingsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                X