This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xubuntu 9200 series ATI problem

Hey, here's the deal, I have a pc with only 192mb of ram on, so whenever i try to install Xubuntu on it, it takes about 5 hours to install. So i decided to take the hard drive out and attempt the install on my other pc with 1gb of ram, and all goes swimmingly. But then when i put it back into the pc with 192 ram, i get an error message saying that the monitor and gfx card cannot be identified. And, knowing that both the monitor and GFX are different than the ones in the pc with 1gb of ram, i select them, and off i go, Xubuntu works fine. However, when i then reboot the system, i don't get the error message, but the screen goes all distorted and its impossible to see, with weird lines going across the monitor, so i can't see a thing.

My gfx card im having the problem with is an ATI radeon 9200 series, and the GFX card I installed it on is an ATI express 200.

Hope you can help me resolve this.

Re: Xubuntu 9200 series ATI problem

Yes, reboot and choose the "Recovery Mode" option. Let it boot to the point where it gives you a few options, one of which is "fix X server" or something along these lines (an option to fix the display). This might do the trick. Hope so!

Comment

Okay, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Comment

HI guys

How are you? I have experienced this problem after upgrading from xubuntu 8.10 (which did not ... My graphic card is ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9200 32MB (a bit old but it worked before Sigma 9200 Audio. Intel Wireless Mini PCI (b/g) Audio, USB, Network & Modem ports ... It has never been a problem for me and could be replaced cheaply from eBay

thanks

Salman

------------------------
        lits superposés enfants

Comment

Salman, I am confused really what exactly is your issue, could you please elaborate and give detailed error messages, etc? Or a clear description? Maybe starting a new thread may be better. Unfortunately, Kgamer never gave us any feedback.

Comment

Working...
          X