This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xubuntu 8.04 keep crashing

I thought XFCE is for the low spec hardware, my 256M Celeron notebook keep crashing everyday, various apps closed by itself for unknown reasons, X does not recognize and setup dual screen propely and network not activated only God knows why ......etc. all these making me mad, but I love the GUI more than KDE, can someone give me one more excuse not to part with it
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Xubuntu 8.04 keep crashing

We used Xubuntu on my Wife's laptop until 8.04 when it lost it's menu bars... Still can't figure out how to regain them with out a re-install so we just switched desktops to Gnome for now but her machine is rather lacking resources and Gnome makes it crawl..... Will likely reinstall and give it one more go in the near future.....

Comment

Same here, I just lost the panel after playing around with the setting, deleted the config completely still not get back the default panel, I am out of here, been too long and wasting too much time with the little mouse. Just for your inform, if you got a really low end PC I suggest you try Puppy, it rocks on low spec h/w.
      Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

Originally posted by devlin
        We used Xubuntu on my Wife's laptop until 8.04 when it lost it's menu bars... Still can't figure out how to regain them with out a re-install so we just switched desktops to Gnome for now but her machine is rather lacking resources and Gnome makes it crawl..... Will likely reinstall and give it one more go in the near future.....
        Have you tried to press Alt-F2, and then type "xfce4-panel"?

Comment

Working...
        X