This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen setting missing

I am running Xubuntu 8.04, I want to remove some games with synaptic but part of the xubuntu removed as well, now I lost the 'other' menu for setting screen, I reinstall xubuntu-desktop but it didn't come back, there is no GUI way I can change screen setting how do I get it back ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Screen setting missing

I have Xubuntu installed alongside Kubuntu, but have never really played with it...where is the 'other' menu item you're looking for?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

It is under applications

Comment

I wasn't even paying attention to that one

The only entries in it on my computer are a couple apps for Wine; try rebooting and see if that helps. If that doesn't fix your problem, and all that was in it was Wine applications, check your '~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs' and '~/.config/menus/applications-merged' directories and see if all the menu entries are there. Other than that, I don't know :P
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

It seems our installation are not equal, I don't have wine here, may be a reinstall it won't take long

Comment

If it won't take long, go for it!!!

Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Yeah already did n-1 times, xubuntu seems to crash easy

Comment

I am back again

Comment

It is great to find the better things for the screen setting. I hope I will definitely find the better things there. This kind of screen setting will definitely makes the crucial changes there. I am expecting the better kind of appropriation there to find something better.

Comment

Working...
                  X