X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do minimized Windows go?

Hi,

I've recently bought a Dell Latitude C400 subnotebook - technically outdated, but small and light. It had Ubuntu Breezy installed which I upgraded to Xubuntu Dapper and now it's running just fine. There are only a couple of small problems I have with it:
    - I haven't set up multiple workspaces yet because I never use it very intensively and for Multi-tasking, it's basically just for writing email texts and letters on the go, maybe checking emails (if I can get my hands on a wireless card for it). Now, when I have several windows open, I sometimes minimize one just to keep the desktop tidy - and I never know where it goes nor how I can restore it. There are no little arrows on the borders of the screen or anything else pointing me to where the window is. I don't have a taskbar where it shows, either, I've only got a small panel at the top of the screen.
    - I am intent on using every trick I can find to save on energy and thus max out the duration of my battery. Now, one easy thing I could think of would be switching off all unnecessary stuff - like the screen saver. But, ridiculous as it may sound, I cannot find the settings where I can change or switch off the screensaver! There are some display settings which control the technical aspects (colour intensity and stuff), but nothing on the screensaver.
    If anybody could help me on this, that would be a great help!
    Thank you!
    Regards,

runtime_error

Re: Where do minimized Windows go?

Minimised windows should be go straight to the bottom bar thingy.

I'm not too certain myself on how to disable screensavers.

Comment

To add a taskbar/window list menu, right-click on a panel and choose 'Add Applet to Panel'
      (You can also middle-click on the desktop to see a window list)

To edit/change/disable screensavers, right-click on desktop>Configure Desktop>Screensaver

Comment

Hello kubicle,

thanks for the Tip! The first one worked - the second one didn't, not yet. When I click on the Desktop, nothing happens. I don't get a context menu for configuration. I have a pager showing miniature pics of my desktops in the panel - I have four now - but when i click there, I can configure only the pager, not the Desktops themselves.
        Best regards,

runtime_error

Comment

Originally posted by runtime_error
          thanks for the Tip! The first one worked - the second one didn't, not yet. When I click on the Desktop, nothing happens. I don't get a context menu for configuration. I have a pager showing miniature pics of my desktops in the panel - I have four now - but when i click there, I can configure only the pager, not the Desktops themselves.
          oops, didn't notice this was on XFCE forum, sorry about that :P

Comment

Working...
          X