Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the System Tray's digital clock's popup calendar be modified with add-ons?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, again. The Subject says it all. I definitely appreciate its moon phases, but I'd love to have more astronomy. Thanks.

Hello, again. I really appreciate its moon phases in its Events but would like to have more astronomical info.
    Sorry for the duplication; it was an accident, and I don't see how to delete the first post.

Comment

No, but there are alternative calendar widgets that can be installed, I don't think any do more than moon phases, if anything of the sort at all.
      I don't see any standalone widgets in the KDE Store that show this sort of thing, either. I could swear there used to be, but that could have been ages and ages ago.

The calendar alternative called Event Calendar can display Google calendars, so one alternative would be to find such a calandar ics file, create a new calendar in google for it, and set up Event Calendar to show this new calendar.

Comment

Yes, but it's the province of widget writers.

I suggest you check out what's available. Right click the desktop, click add widgets, click get new widgets, click download new.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Thank you, both. Again I was not email notified of your responses and, having been crazy busy, I'm just now checking for responses & have found these two, which I appreciate.

Claydoh, I, too, thought I've seen such a calendar modification in the past; that's why I sought one and, not having found one, asked about it here. I won't use any Google stuff; they know too much about me as it is. I'm sick of their data-capturing hegemony. I know I can curate the data they collect--at least to some extent--but I'm absolutely swamped & buried now and have no time for that. I'm stealing time even for this simple a quest.

JLittle, I thought that and have looked for such an appropriate widget and not found any.

Thanks again for the help. Your answers are what I'd thought.

Regards,
          Ray

Comment

Working...
          X