Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I access the Plasma widgets I've downloaded?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How do I access the Plasma widgets I've downloaded?

I'm running a fully current Kubuntu 20.04 on a white box computer with an i7-4790 (Haswell) processor and 32 gb ram, and everything runs great. I downloaded some Plasma widgets but can't find them in the Kickoff menu, even when I search for them. Discovery, the Software Center, says they're installed. Where are they and how do I access them? I sure will appreciate your help in learning this. Thanks.

What did you use to download these widgets, Discover, Muon Package Manager, or?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I used Discover.
      Last edited by RLynwood; Sep 18, 2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Also, I checked the checkbox asking to be notified by email when there's a response to my post, but I haven't been notified of your response. I noticed it only in trying to navigate the site. Why isn't that working? I posted this same request over a week ago and got no response. So today I decided to see if it was there. I couldn't find any reference to it, not in My Posts or from a search. And I had that email notification checkbox checked in that post also.
        Last edited by RLynwood; Sep 18, 2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLynwood View Post
          Also, I checked the checkbox asking to be notified by email when there's a response to my post, but I haven't been notified of your response. I noticed it only in trying to navigate the site. Why isn't that working? I posted this same request over a week ago and got no response. So today I decided to see if it was there. I couldn't find any reference to it, not in My Posts or from a search. And I had that email notification checkbox checked in that post also.
          The website has been having issues as of late. This is probably one of the symptoms. It is being worked on, but it is unknown when things will hopefully be remedied.

Comment

Thanks for that response/help. Now to the widgets ....

Comment

Originally posted by RLynwood View Post
              I'm running a fully current Kubuntu 20.04 on a white box computer with an i7-4790 (Haswell) processor and 32 gb ram, and everything runs great. I downloaded some Plasma widgets but can't find them in the Kickoff menu, even when I search for them. Discovery, the Software Center, says they're installed. Where are they and how do I access them? I sure will appreciate your help in learning this. Thanks.
              To add widgets to the panel or desktop, right-click on either one and select "Add Widgets". This will show your list of them, and you can drag or double-click then to add them.
              To move widgets on the desktop, left-click-and-hold to reveal a popout handle that allows for moving, deleting, and some settings.

To move them around on the panel, you first need to right click on it, an then select 'Edit Panel'.

Comment

Thanks for that response/help. Now to the widgets .... Also, I see what you're talking about. I couldn't save this response a minute ago.

Comment

Perfect instructions. Thanks. Got it all done. Another problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                  X