X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma could not correctly use opengl 2

Hi all,

Firstly KDE and Kubuntu is probably best Linux Desktop which feels familiar and intuitive and is elegant at the same time.

It should be the default desktop of Ubuntu! I appreciate the work done by the developers and help and assistance provided by community. I am using Kubuntu 20.04 and 18.04 on my laptop for development.

I would love to use Kubuntu on my jetson-nano (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/autonom...s/jetson-nano/) which is a 64 bit aarch64 computer. It comes with default Ubuntu 18.04 and installing Xubuntu also works fine,.

I installed Kubuntu with sudo apt install kubuntu-desktop. This installation sets sddm as the display manager.

Right now there are two problems

1) When using sddm as display manager, the display goes into a black screen mode with a cursor. So I switched to lightdm. With lighdm I do get a login screen. After login

2) I get this error message: Plasma could not correctly use opengl 2.

How can one go about debugging this problem or atleast working around this problem. For sure I would love to see this working on the jetson-nano.I think it should be some change in settings because I see that normal ubuntu works fine.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Ravishankar

Hard to say, my first guess is that the packages for Plasma built for this architecture may not be built with the correct support?
    You might have better luck with something more current, such as Arch or Manjaro, or anything advertising good support for your architecture.
    Arm stuff is not at all similar to x86, and often individual boards need some things built specifically for that specific board. I''ll wager this is the case with the Ubuntu image it comes with, and the 'generic' aarch64 Plasma bits are not.
    Plus, the Kubuntu bits of 18.04 are now End of Life, and have zero support.

Comment

Working...
    X