This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inkscape Problem Breeze theme

Hi, can you help me to solve the interface problem in inkscape, Do not load the breeze theme

I will guess that you are using the Flatpak or Snap package for Inkscape, these don't always follow Plasma theming as they have their own set of Gnome components.

You can try installing the theme as a flatpak - Plasma uses the Breeze Gtk theme theme, and there should be a flatpak for this

more info:https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/0...e-correct.html

Aaaand ignore this. Inkscape is still using the really old Gtk2 libraries, and there are not any theme flatpaks for this. Same for Snaps.
    Your only choice to fix this is to install the native Ubuntu package, which will follow the Plasma theme for Gtk2 programs as set in System Settings

Comment

I installed it from the software center and it looked like this

Comment

FWIF, Inkscape looks a lot prettier here (neon 5.18).

Click image for larger version

Name:	inks.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	644587

I did tweak the fonts to ignore GTK stuff as much as possible, though.

Comment

Discover installs both snaps, and flatpaks, as well as debs from the Ubuntu repos. if you search 'inkscape' in Discover, you will see two or three different entries for it. The latest version is going to be the flatpak or snap. You need to scroll down on the entry and look for the Source info. it will say either Ubuntu, Snap, or Flatpak

Click image for larger version

Name:	ksnip_20200210-154224.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	644586

If you prefer to use the Ubuntu deb versions by default, you can click the Sources entry on the bottom left of Discover, and click the 'Default' button for the Ubuntu source. iirc *buntu have Snap set as the default source. You do get much newer versions of most things with Snap or Flatpak.

Comment

If you're not afraid of the Big Bad Wolf, you can get the latest version from the developers' PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/.../ubuntu/stable
            Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post

Yes, the deb version from Ubuntu repos themes as expected (which is why I suggested to install that packaging), but this does not work on Gtk2 apps that specifically are flatpak/snap/possibly appimages as gtk 2 is long out of date, and no one cares about making it work in these formats.

Comment

I don't have a problem with Inkscape being respectful of a little theme tweaking using the AppImage of .92. Now the dev 1.0 not so much, but considering the last time I tried it was Alpha, I didn't hold that against it.
                Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8664[/ATTACH]

With Kubuntu 20.04 and the deb version it comes with (inkscape/focal,now 0.92.4-4build2), I didn't tweak anything, just chose Breeze Dark as the GTK2 theme:Click image for larger version

Name:	20200211171642.png
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	644591
                  Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
                  X