This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVG rendering in Plasma 5

Now, I happen to believe that the Elegance theme clock is the best plasma clock ever made.
    On 14.04, it looked like this:

Nice, eh?
    On 18.04, it looks like this:

Nice, but... not quite so nice, right?
    I mean, the minutes and seconds hands look... wrong, don't they?

Now, I tried editing the .svg with Inkscape. Didn't work.
    I tried replacing the file with the old KDE4 one. Didn't work.

It must be that plasma 5 renders SVGs differently... or thereabouts.
    Does anyone know if and how there's anything to be done?
    Because the Elegance Theme developer doesn't seem to be active anymore... well, I can't find him.

Best guess is that the issue "is" fixable, but.....

The theme was last updated over 10-years ago according to the change log information: https://store.kde.org/p/998875/

Nothing lasts forever.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'll repeat myself:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post427209

The link there describes what needs to be done, but I don't understand it.It seems to be a positioning, padding, or scaling thing that simply resizing won't fix - it is vector graphics, which confuse me more than 'normal' graphics do. Someone over on KDEs forums will. Even if that link is actually useless, someone would know what to do.

Comment

Oh, allright then. I've asked

As to "nothing lasts forever"...Stonehenge's been there for some 5000 years and it's uglier than that clock

Comment

5000 years is not forever. The Dinosaurs roamed the earth for about 160 million years.
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
            Oh, allright then. I've asked

As to "nothing lasts forever"...Stonehenge's been there for some 5000 years and it's uglier than that clock
            Well, it might have been better to put the actual details in the post over there, Why would someone want to go to another website to figure out what the actual question is? Just sayin'

Comment

So, I asked again with the details and someone called claydoh gave me a solution.
              It must be another claydoh, because this one would have just told me here without all the hassle, right? ;·)

Actually the solution cannot be applied on 18.04, but maybe... eventually...

Comment

AFAICT, there's just the one Here, KDE Forums and Reddit.

Though I don't understand why the Ask Ubuntu claydoh has "Last seen Aug 8 '10 at 23:47" which is a pity
                Last edited by chimak111; May 17, 2019, 10:34 PM.
                Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
                  AFAICT, there's just the one Here, KDE Forums and Reddit.

Though I don't understand why the Ask Ubuntu claydoh has "Last seen Aug 8 '10 at 23:47" which is a pity
                  Because I can only be in 5 places at once, and don't particularly care for AskUbuntu.

Also don't forget irc, mailing lists, and social media, on very rare occasions these days.

I need to dust off my Telegram as well.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
                    So, I asked again with the details and someone called claydoh gave me a solution.
                    It must be another claydoh, because this one would have just told me here without all the hassle, right? ;·)

Actually the solution cannot be applied on 18.04, but maybe... eventually...
                    You didn't ask that here, though. You asked in a place where a majority may not have that much Kubuntu/Ubuntu experience

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                      Because I can only be in 5 places at once, and don't particularly care for AskUbuntu.

Also don't forget irc, mailing lists, and social media, on very rare occasions these days.

I need to dust off my Telegram as well.

I'm very sorry for the way my post came across! I'm sure you know I wouldn't even dream of implying that you were deficient in any manner re. providing support to Kubuntu users.

It's just that when I come across Kubuntu questions in Ask Ubuntu that I can't answer, and that I guess some of the more experienced people here could answer, it's sad that they go unanswered.

I know that the SE sites are not everyone's cuppa and so I've often asked people to post here as well. Some do

BTW, someone who has helped out immensely over there (and here) hasn't visited AU since March. I hope all is well with that person.
                      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
                        I'm very sorry for the way my post came across! I'm sure you know I wouldn't even dream of implying that you were deficient in any manner re. providing support to Kubuntu users.
                        You were fine, no offense taken, none at all! I'm sorry if my reply implied that.

I just truly don't care for AskUbuntu, is all.

Comment

Working...
                        X