This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock Display

I have one little issue I'd like to solve. The digital clock, how do I get rid of the AM/PM from the time display? I have set to 24 hour mode so I don't need the AM/PM showing.

Marie

Hi
    Thank you for the interesting question.

My first response to was to check my clock, bottom right hand in the panel, which displays at this particular time: 3:13 PM ...

I right clicked "configure digital clock" on the clock and HUH!! ?? it shows... 24 hour clock being displayed... hmmm...
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

LOL

sooooooo I clicked "set time format" and changed "time" to "Default (C)" and was notified that the effect would take place after a restart.

I did that...

and the PM is gone ...

What was ..."3:25 PM"

Is now... 15:28" with NO PM.

In configure Digital Clock the "Use 24 hour Clock" is still ticked.

IT IS NOT IMMEDIATELY APPARENT TO ME JUST PARTICULARLY...WHAT... the label "default ( C ) " stands for...

It "may" be that the "coding" for the clock ASSUMES 24 hour format but then is "constrained" by other coding to show other formats...

Does the "C" mean..."Clear"? Dunno, I'll do a bit of checking around and may or may not find a quick answer so...

but, hey thanks for the question, and hope that it helps, and please don't be a stranger tot the OS and forums that are "better than toast and jam".

woodlikedthequestionsmoke
      Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 08, 2019, 03:34 PM.
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Marie View Post
        I have one little issue I'd like to solve. The digital clock, how do I get rid of the AM/PM...
        Quick answer, there's a widget called "Event Calendar" which can be configured to display HH:MM. It does a whole lot of stuff, like the weather, a timer, or calendars from various sources like google, but imagine most of us use it to get control of the time display. Right-click the panel (not on something in the panel), panel options, add widgets, get new widgets, and search for "Event Calendar".

[rant mode=on]
        This should be a little issue, but there's a long story of frustration because some people in the depths of Qt and KDE development decided that everyone in the same locale wants, or should want, the very same date and time settings as everyone else in that locale. Thus KDE lets you change to another region's locale, but you must see what some locale says is the right way for that locale. Ok, you might say, I can dive into the docs and write my own locale. But, those idiots won't let you do that, they've compiled in the list of locales and their settings. I suspect there's Americans in there somewhere because they just don't get that a huge PM. is stupid, and that using the 24 hour clock can be a really good idea.[/rant]
        Regards, John Little

Comment

I don't see some of those options for making changes. I wonder if it's because I'm using 18.10? I installed events cal, but I can't find it. I can't find any calender's

Marie.

Comment

I just figured out how to rid of the AM?PM. I deselected 24 hr, applied, exited, went back in set to 24 hr, and it's gone now. Kind of a round about way but it worked.

Marie

Comment

glad you got it fixed please don't be a stranger.
              woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
              X