X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Cant drag and drop files between 2 monitors

Hi there,

I'm trying to move files from the first monitor to the second one and by default I can't.
    The only available options are "copy there" or "move here".

Can you help me? I've read all the information I was able to find in english or spanish.

Regards. Pablo

Whaa?? "I'm trying to 'move' files....The only available options are..."move here"."

Seems you are given the option. Select "move here". Doesn't that work?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Whaa?? "I'm trying to 'move' files...The only available options are..."move here"."

Seems you are given the option. Select "move here". Doesn't that work?
      It doesnt work because the result is moving the file from /home/<user>/Desktop/X to /home/<user>/Desktop/X and offers me to override the file. I only want to move the position of the Icon in the screen :S

Comment

Originally posted by pabloFM View Post
        It doesnt work because the result is moving the file from /home/<user>/Desktop/X to /home/<user>/Desktop/X and offers me to override the file. I only want to move the position of the Icon in the screen :S
        I am also having the same issue.

As far I know, KDE consider each monitor to be separate Desktop.

Now, two desktop saving the files in one directory /home/ismail/Desktop/

But from the UI, it is transferring file from one desktop to another. But actually it is cut pasting the same file to the same folder.

I guess SOMEONE created a bug. Are you using Kubuntu 18.10?

As far I remember, I found this nuisance after I updated from Kubuntu 18.4.1 to 18.10
        Last edited by ismail783; Nov 19, 2018, 08:56 AM. Reason: More Details

Comment

Did you try using a Folder View widget?

Comment

18.10 has been a bit confusing also to me, copy and paste sometimes doesn't work and restarting it will fix the problem.
            doss soundbox touch

Comment

Working...
            X