This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    Your Flex 5 supposedly runs on battery for 8.5 hours (probably more like six) and charges in 2.5 hours.
    Unfortunately, I only get 2.5 hours on a full charge, so in a single shift at work, I'm charging half the day.

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    Things *can* be adjusted from Linux, via ACPI commands. But what they specifically are depends on the device. As well as some command line action.

acpi-call-dkms needs to be installed, but after that is an unknown.
    Here is an example for a different Ideapad laptop:
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Len...5#Rapid_Charge
    Well, here's a kick in the pants - Since I've nuke'n'paved this laptop so many times in the past few weeks, I opted to temporarily install Win10 (again) so that the mods on the Lenovo forums won't dismiss my problem with the excuse of, "Well, you're not running a supported OS, and the solution is in Windows, so...." The thing is, after installing the Lenovo Vantage app, the Rapid Charge button everyone says you need to press isn't even there! I'm hesitant to reinstall Kubuntu to try those ACPI commands just yet, because if the Rapid Charge button doesn't exist, it might not even be a feature of this model. I'm so frustrated with all this, but I don't want to let this problem beat me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	645228
    Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    Hmmm..... do you have TLP installed by any chance, or any other power saving thing uninstalled?
    I did not have TLP installed or anything battery-related removed or installed. All stock.
    I'm leaving Win10 on the laptop for a couple days, in order to give the Lenovo community a chance to respond. I hope I'll find a solution that impacts the hardware, that way I can put Kubuntu back. If I can't, I'll be in the market for another laptop I think. I hear good things about Linux on 5-ish year old Intel MacBooks. Max out the RAM and pop in an SSD if it doesn't already have one. Might be nice.

I just want to say again, THANK YOU BOTH for repeatedly offering your advice. I know we've identified this isn't a problem with Kubuntu, and I appreciate you for being along for the ride and brainstorming with me. Challenges are one thing, but this sort of problem is no fun alone.
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

Working...
    X