This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to download from repositories

I was trying to burn a CD in K3B yesterday and couldn't. Okay, fine. Uninstall it and reinstall. Nope. The uninstall went fine, but neither Muon nor Synaptic could download the install files. How about using Discover and installing another burner? Same deal. I keep getting an error message "could not download packages." It sounds like a repository issue, but I'm not sure. For now, it doesn't look like I can install anything from anywhere.

Thoughts?

What version of Kubuntu are you running?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      What version of Kubuntu are you running?
      Kubuntu 17.04

Comment

Originally posted by markslaw View Post
        Kubuntu 17.04
        Ubuntu 17.04 (Zesty Zapus) End of Life reached on January 13, 2018
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Meaning there is no longer any support for this version, and, the repositories for it are closed/empty.
          Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 22, 2018, 10:36 AM.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

17.10 is available, and while I haven't gone that route you should be able to directly upgrade from 17.04, but check the 17.10 forum and ask questions first.

16.04 LTS is also available, but may require doing a clean install since you are already at 17.04. You could either obtain a DVD, or download the ISO and write it to a USB device.

In either case, it's time to move off 17.04 ...
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
            X