This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger, a very interesting cli file manager

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

And this: https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-a-ubuntu-vps
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Wow! Nine years ago. Ranger is older than I thought it was. I gave up the console when I moved from RH5.0 to SuSE 5.3 in 1998 because SuSE offered KDE 1.0 Beta for its DE.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

If used with the right terminal (not konsole), image previews with w3m are a delight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJhDMxMgzC0
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I'm using Ranger now instead of Dolphin nearly exclusively.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

When I was playing with it, I noticed that under the Edit menu was the option to use ZModem to upload a file. The last time I owned and used the ZModem hardware, which everyone did because the Hayes was too expensive and ZModem firmware was open source and used the same command sequences, was around the early 1990s. It was released in the mid 1980s. The hardware's advertised speed, if the device wasn't analog, was 56Kbps (V.92), if your phone line could handle it. It's true max speed was 53.3Kbps. Old memories. Fond times. At the time the Univ of Neb had the IRIS dialup network and as a teacher I could log into it and peruse the campus BBS from home.

Comment

Working...
            X