Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I'm hoping. Going to download the latest Daily Build today. I feel cut off!

From what I've seen and tested myself, I think it's ready enough.

Comment

Well, that was painless. Took way less time than Win10 did. Fairly much have all reloaded. May have a few things missing here or there, but I know I got the bulk. Only thing that didn't transfer properly was kdewallet but no biggie there!

Comment

The only issues I see with 16.04 is still that ongoing issue with Conky and that Disappearing/Reappearing act. Wish they'd get that resolved. Didn't do that under KDE4. The other issue is after installing WINE, it shows up in the menu as Lost&Found.

Comment

Just curious, so after installing Kubuntu (with Windows 10 existing already), GRUB2 got installed and properly took over the booting of both WinX and Kubuntu?
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Yep! I don't have an EFI device. It's still BIOS. I bought Win7 a good while back but never installed. I used it to install Windows then upgraded through it to Win10. I did't know how Win10 would do on a fresh install on a BIOS only machine but I do know Win7 still installs somewhat like you'd expect.

Comment

I don't have an EFI device. It's still BIOS
              Yes, I know. I was just wondering if Windows 10 & its bootloader behaved like other Windows bootloaders, on BIOS and dual boot: GRUB can and does overwrite the Windows bootloader and then controls the booting. Looks like it is so. I don't know why it wouldn't go that way, except if WinX installer were programmed to mess with this divine plan that GRUB2 reigns when installed lastly.
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I know how Win7 installs. Just didn't on Win10. All I've done for Win10 is upgrades from withing Win7 or Win8/8.1. To that end, I knew 99.99% it would work. Now this machine once again has new OSes. We'll see how much longer I can keep her going!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                  The only issues I see with 16.04 is still that ongoing issue with Conky and that Disappearing/Reappearing act. Wish they'd get that resolved. Didn't do that under KDE4. The other issue is after installing WINE, it shows up in the menu as Lost&Found.
                  My conky does not have the disappearing/reappearing issue.

Try this in your config
                  Code:
                      own_window = true,
                      own_window_type = 'normal',
                      own_window_hints = 'undecorated,skip_taskbar,sticky',
                  Here is my entire conkyrc redone for version 1.10.1
                  Note:
                  Commenting out in the top config section = "--"
                  Commenting out in the bottom text section is still "#"
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks life0riley!!

Unfortunately I have that setup and it still does that. It has to be something with Plasma 5 as it never did this under Plasma 4. Just a hunch. Have nothing else to compare with.

Comment

Working...
                    X