• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] kpowersave won't run

Whilest trying to run kpowersave I get the following message
    Code:
    No protocol specified
    tdelauncher: cannot connect to X server :0
    [tdeinit] Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
    No protocol specified
    kpowersave: cannot connect to X server :0
    [dcopserver] DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-23338' to 'kpowersave'
    ERROR: Communication problem with kpowersave, it probably crashed.

No idea here, considering Kpowersave is a KDE3 thing, and you are probably using Trinity, you will likely have to ask those guys.
    Hacking on 7 year old code is fun, ain't it?

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      No idea here, considering Kpowersave is a KDE3 thing, and you are probably using Trinity, you will likely have to ask those guys.
      Hacking on 7 year old code is fun, ain't it?
      Yeah it's a laugh a minute

Comment

I discovered that there was another package in repository called TDEPowersave. After replacing kpowersave with this one, power management now works and it is telling me state of battery.

Yahoo! I'm one happy bunny again.

Comment

After what Claydoh wrote about hackng / using 7 year old code I read through Trinity's wiki and found this
          The Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) project is a feature rich desktop environment for Unix-like operating systems with a primary goal of retaining a traditional, efficient and productive user interface.
          TDE was born as a fork of the K Desktop Environment version 3.5, which was originally written by the KDE Team, a world-wide network of software engineers committed to Free Software development. The name Trinity was chosen because the word means Three as in continuation of KDE 3. Since then, TDE has evolved to be an independent and standalone desktop environment project.

The TDE project was founded by and is still led by Timothy Pearson. Timothy is an experienced and skilled software developer and was the KDE >= 3.5.11 support coordinator/developer for previous Kubuntu releases.

Over time, continued development has polished off many rough edges that were present in the final release of KDE 3.5.10 and many new and useful features have been added to keep the environment up-to-date.

The current stable release of TDE is R14.0.0, which brings along several major improvements over v3.5.13.2.
          One of most notable features of R14 is implementation of the Trinity Desktop Hardware Library (tdehwlib) that did away with dependency on HAL. With the HAL dependency removed, R14's foundation now rests solidly on current and maintained libraries and dependencies. For systems still based on HAL (such as *bsd), HAL support is still available as a building option.

The TDE development team is small but friendly. Anyone wanting to join the development process and help create the next TDE release is welcome! If you wish to participate, please take a look at the Get involved

Comment

Working...
          X