X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] ancient win 98 night city christmas 3D car screensaver

Hi
    I'm sure that the old groaners will probably remember this but there was a "free screensaver" that was based on the old "maze" of Win 95, 98 XP days :

As far as I can remember it was called something like "City Nights" but the particular one was of a city in which there was "snow" and the buildings alongside the road along which the car was driving had, variously, christmas trees, christmas lights on the streetlights, etc.

As in the maze screensaver, the viewer "flew" around the corners with the "view" "banking" like an airplane.

The below image is of a "fly over" type screensaver... but it somewhat indicates what would be seen if one was "within the city" about thirty feet above the road.

The view was from behind the car and above about thirty feet.

The graphics were very primitive a'la the maze screensaver.

The buildings were generally "gray" and only maybe two stories high, not the towers indicated below.

Well............GET TO THE POINT WOODSMIKE.........puuleeeze! lol

The point is that I really did kinda like the old thing, I ran it continuously around Christmas, that was when I was running Windblows.

it had a certaiin "youthful brashness" about it.... the first of its kind as it were.

And...I also had my first experiences with "unintended downloads" of nagware, etc. very much a learning experience! lol

Anyway.........

I was wondering if:

a) there are any other people that kind of liked the old thing.
    b) if it is "public domain" or whatever, I was wondering if it would be somehow possible to "port" it to "Linux" for people to download and run as maybe a standalone, as opposed to being integrated into the normal screensaver package.

Just as a kind of "nostalgia" thing.

Just a thought, of little worth.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Nov 23, 2014, 10:41 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Why do you need a screensaver? Did you know the best screensaver is the off button on your monitor or simply tell your OS to put monitor in to sleep mode. Unless your still using a CRT monitor then a screensaver is not required.

Comment

Its the nerdy side of the oldwoodsmokerlol
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X