X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackboard menu item problem FF Rekonq

Hi
    This situation occured with the latest iteration of Blackboard, a worthless piece of drek which has been foisted upon upper academia because the supposedly smart people have no clue.

But, the situation is this.

There is a dropdown menu item which allows one to add various kinds of content to the "student menu".

One clicks an "add" button to add the content.

Thereupon, a dropdown menu appears and one cursors down the options to choose one.

Starting with the new iteration of BB:

With Firefox, the menu is seperated by about a quarter of an inch from the button, when one clicks the button, and when one moves the cursor down, the menu disappears because of the gap beteen the add button and the box of menu items.

With Rekonq, when one FIRST uses Rekonq, IN THAT SESSION, the menu box is attached to the add button and one can navigate down the menu box.
    HOWEVER
    In the SECOND use in Rekonq, IN THAT SESSION, the menu box is NOT attached.

One has to restart the OS for the situation of Rekonq being able to use the menu item repeats itself.

I have copied the "particular" menu items for people who know what they are doing to peruse from WebInspector. If more is needed then I will be glad to append such.

The script for the primary button:

https://eclass NAME OF COLLEGE /images/ci/ng/mini_add_item2.gif

In the box to the right is:

.actionBarMicro .mainButton a img, .actionBarMicro .secondaryButton a img {

And for the primary button there are eleven CSS boxes, here is the first:

#primaryButton, input[type="submit"].submit, .mainButton a, .mainButton a:hover, .mainButton a:focus, .actionBarMicro .mainButton a, .actionBarMicro .mainButton a:hover, .actionBarMicro .mainButton a:focus, .rumble .mainButton > a, .rumble_top .mainButton > a:focus, .rumble .mainButton > a:hover, .rumble_top .mainButton > a:focus, .rumble .mainButton > a:hover, .rumble_top .mainButton > a:focus, .button-1, .button-1-img, .button-1:hover, .button-1-img:hover, .button-1:focus, .button-1-img:focus {
    background-color: #819AC0;
    border-color: #819AC0;
    color: white;
    }

I'm not trying to get a "fix" for this it is just information that some folks might find helpful.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

This is posted from the college.

The rendering with ie IE at the college is correct.

Using IE the rendering of the menu is greatly compressed vertically with absolutely no spacing between the buttons

This is to be expected because each browser renders things differently.

However, what is occuring seems to be more than "just a rendering difference".

Since it is probably a "javascript" situation, i am appending what I think might be some relevant scripts from view source:

top of source

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><!-- webapps\blackboard\web\announcements\announcement_ manager.jsp -->

This "seems" to be the relevant controlling code further down for javascript

</style>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="/ui/styles/print.css?v=9.1.70081.25-1">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/i18n.js?v=9.1.70081.25-1"></script>
    <script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>

just for informational purposes, no need for a "fix" if anyone wants me to copy and paste more stuff please just say so.

woodsmoke

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 06, 2012, 11:19 AM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Are you using 9.1? I can't find any menu that behaves that way in Firefox.

Comment

Firefox
        Mozilla FF for Ubu canonical 1.0

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Sorry, I meant, Are you using Blackboard 9.1?

Comment

Hi
            I really did NOT expect to get a reply about BB! lol

It is 9.0.

woodsurprisedsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X