Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine (Kubuntu vs Fedora 16 KDE ) differences?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine (Kubuntu vs Fedora 16 KDE ) differences?

I have used Kubuntu 11.10 and now have Fedora 16 on my Linux box. (I've got 3 computers which I rotate distro's on all based on latest and greatest Distro's and the progress they are making. . . ) I have an issue with Wine which I can't figure out. Using Kubuntu 11.10 or Ubuntu 11.10 I can run a Windows *.exe program called PTGUI which is a panorama photo stitcher program like Hugin. Using Kubuntu and wine, it installs and runs. Using Fedora 16 I install the program and it begins to initialize and then crashes and stops working. What is the easiest way to see what may be missing in Fedora's version of wine? (i.e. possibly a Windows DLL file is missing and needs to be installed for the program to function). This program PTgui is the latest version which does work in Kubuntu and Ubuntu but stops dead in it's tracks when I try Fedora 16. Any idea's would be appreciated on finding the fix for this issue. .. ( I think it just may be a dll file or something of that nature. )

Richard

Btw I also am running Picasa 3.9 for Windows, infanview and Sigma PhotoPro 5.2 (their newest version) for their camera's with x3f raw picture files on Fedora 16 under Wine and they all work fine.

Re: Wine (Kubuntu vs Fedora 16 KDE ) differences?

Hi, Richard. I'm not sure how many of us here have a setup similar to yours: using Wine in two different distros and trying to suss out the differences. A better place to ask for help for the particular issue here might be over on the Wine support forum.

Comment

Working...
    X