This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD Athlon CPU Grub2 and a Boot Partition

Hi guys! I was trying to install LL on an empty partition on my third hdd and everything seemed to be fine after finishing the installations of LL and grub2 but later I realized I was fooled by these results. Grub2 could find any filesystem and just thrown me an error message.

Code:
    error: out of disk
    grub rescue >
    Since the BIOS didn't seem to be reading the 1024 cyllinder properly I thought I should create a new boot partition where all those boot files should be conveniently stored. I restarted the LL install process and let the partitioner create that new partition and install LL on a different one.

The thing is IDK how I can make sure /boot does keep the files required to let Grub2 boot all the OS's I installed on my PC. I only found info about how to do this IF I have access to GParted but I don't so I need to ask you guys for a favor. Does anyone know how should I proceed from this point on?
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: AMD Athlon CPU Grub2 and a Boot Partition

You can use good old fdisk to partition a hard drive, but it is no picnic, compared to GParted. Have you no ability to make a Parted Magic Live CD or USB stick?

http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=downloads

Comment

Working...
    X