This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ext2 Installable File System For Windows doesn't work

I installed WinXP a while ago, when MS was still selling it, so I can't really say it's not part of the problem but the thing is my Windows partition doesn't allow me to access my Linux partitions. Obviously I can't write or create files at all. All I get from installing this app is an error message telling me that the partition can't be opened and I might need to format it. To format my Linux partition? No way! I know that partition keeps all my data and it works, it can be mounted my any of my Linux distros. The app installation isn't that complex to get lost in the middle of the process so I don't know what the hell happened here. Even if I reboot the system, nothing changes. I reinstall the app and the partition cannot be opened, even if it assigned a letter to that partition. Oh, wait, not all of my partitions are visible! Not even in the menu screen where I can select which partition gets a drive letter!

I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a hint on how to fix this. I hope there's a way to do that but I didn't figure it out, yet.
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: Ext2 Installable File System For Windows doesn't work

Which of your Linux installs is giving you the trouble:

Kubuntu Lucid 10.4 - KDE 4.4.2, Hardy 8.04.4 - KDE 3.5
    Sidux LXDE, GTK+
    Sidux KDE "moros" or "hypnos", KDE 4.4.3

Hardy 8.04 should not be giving you any trouble, as it is EXT3. But Lucid 10.04 'might' be, if you installed or converted to EXT4.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Not just one but all of them, even Hardy...

I only use ext3 partitions, I didn't feel like using ext4 for some reason (I don't think it's as reliable as the previous one).
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Ext2 Installable File System For Windows - Troubleshooting
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X