X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boot

Hello,

I have copyed the KDE kubuntu 7.04 on a cd (ISO),
    i want to restart my pc, I change in bios the boot priorities and he does not reboot from my cd, 'No operating system found'.
    Originally I work with windows XP.

What's my problem?

Thx,
    Brecht

Re: boot

Did you just copy the ISO to the CD?

You need to burn it as an ISO-image (not copy it), most cd-burner software have an option to burn an image.

Comment

Yes, if you are using nero the burn iso option is under "extras" or something like that.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Yes,

I've burned as an iso image. (My mistake was that Ive burned my cd too quickly, when Ive burned it at 4 speed, the problem was solved (read on another forum))

BUT NOW:
        I have several errors from these: Buffer I/0 error on device HDC, logical block 357600

SOMETIMES I do not have these errors, and then;
        My pc reads the cd very very slow! Sometimes he crashes during the installation. I guess that whole the installation will take 10 hours or more. And finally he crashes every time I try.

My system comply with the minimum system requirements.
        Strange... Or is it a hardware problem?

Comment

i have installed the cd in good condition but half of my options are not working and i have checked from pin to pillar in this but still the problem prevails should i reboot it? advice please
          __________________________________________________ ____________
          Houston Best Florist loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca download iPhone ringtones

Comment

Working...
          X