X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Font file transfer

Howdy all,
    I've got to transfer a word document (wedding invitation) from my computer via email so I can print out this document on another computer with a laser printer. The only problem is that I need 2 specific fonts which are not installed on the second computer.
    I understand that the fonts have to be installed on a computer otherwise it will come up as something completely different.
    The second computer has restricted access so I can't physically install any extra font files onto this computer.
    My question is, can I attach the font files to the email so that it will read and print out in the required fonts?
    Thanks in advance,
    yuriy

Re: Font file transfer

No. it will not read the fonts from the email.

The easier workaround is to make a pdf file. Pdf files contain fonts inside them*, so they will print fine in every computer.

Javier.

(*) Well, not really all fonts... it expects some basic ones to be available on all computers.

Comment

This won't work if he has limited access to the second computer as he said. Nor if that second computer is not running kubuntu .

Note than most modern OSs (Windows included ), you can install fonts as a normal user or system-wide.

Javier.

Comment

Note the OP is probably just spamming the forum, though subtly.

Comment

Working...
        X