X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check my calendar function in a Kontace message

Hi
    I have posted elsewhere about how the Kontact suite, for me, is completely functional in both an older Kubuntu ( 19.04 ) and Neon.

Something NEW appeared at the bottom of a message from the college, which uses MS cloud Outlook, this morning.

It was, particularly, an invitation to attend a "faculty senate" meeting, there was a link for zooming, which has a date, and also an attachment with a date link to "upload to your Outlook (tm) calendar.

Below the "message pane' there was a "blue line" and another panel which provided a date and time calendar link.

Below THAT there was another "blue line"

Below that was a label "events on this day" and a box to the right with the label: "check my calendar".

When I clicked the box I was immediately taken to Kontact calendar for the college...

Clicking the button DID NOT TAKE ME TO THE COLLEGE WEBSITE OR TO THE COLLEGE Email.

I thereupon checked the actual e-mail at the college and there was no "check my calendar" or any other type of button ON THE COLLEGE E-mail.

The person did provide a "calendar link for the college calendar" as an attachment.

Below the header was a clickable link to import a .ics calendar.

When clicked it offered to "merge into Kontact" and other options.

When that was clicked it offered to "merge into existing calendar" and other options.

When that was clicked several options were offered and I chose to merge into "schedule PHP".

When that was done the Kontact calendar immediately popped and the link was placed in the appropriate date in the calendar in a BLACK BOX WITH WHITE FONT. ( I have nothing using a black color for dates so it MAY be a generic color choice or it MAY be a purposeful color choice by Kontact in that it MAY have done a check of colors in use, I do not know.

So, Kontact did this:

a) it offered to let me "check my calendar" with nothing to actually load into the calendar, which is ok.
    b) it did interact with the provided .ics file and placed the date into Kontact's calendar

So, again, the Kontact developers have really stepped up to the plate and, again, KUDOS to them.

As always, if there are questions, please ask.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X