This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurorae Theme issue

So, figured I give this a shot and maybe someone has an answer/fix.

So I took an existing Theme that always have seemed to work.

All I did was change the color of the decoration file. Nothing moved or change just the color.

So all seems to work except when you maximize the windows. It "breaks" at that point. Kicker, not all the time. Sometimes it is fine for a a while and then it "breaks".

Another interesting issue is on a dual screen set up where you have an external monitor connected to a laptop and you also use the laptop screen (dual monitor basically). So, on the external monitor on maximize it is OK (again, you can eventually get it to "break") but consistently on the laptop screen it is broke. Normal mode is always fine no issues ever there.

So, what is the breakage I keep talking about? Below is a screenshot of the dual monitor across the screen. Left is external you can see the Maximize bar is as it should but on the left laptop screen you can see what I consider broke, the fill for the maximize doesn't get displayed. If it does, as I said, eventually it will go clear again.

Anyone have had an issue modifying a Theme as such? As I state, I only changed the color. The original theme doesn't do that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_717.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	649521
    Last edited by MoonRise; Oct 02, 2019, 05:47 PM.

So I researched more and found an article for one user with similar issues.

So, I disabled Compositing and the Theme works. No issues. When you turn Compositing back on it is still "fixed" for a while, but can be easily "broke" again.

It is so odd it does this when the original Theme this was from doesn't do this. Really frustrating that what I see as a simple change creates such havoc. There really should be a better way. I've read that QT Quick is supposed to allow creating Themes but I'll be honest, don't even know where to start on that if it does.

Comment

Working...
    X