X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] OpenOffice Default Extension File Format

Hello everyone!

I was trying to change OpenOffice Calc's default save format to microsoft's .xlsx . I was able to do so by going into Calc > Tools > Options > Load/Save > General, and modifying it in the "Always save as" droplist.

However, when I try to create a new calc file using the right click, contextual menu, the file created isn't .xlsx .

Following other forums posts, I created a file.xlsx inside of home/myuser/Templates . It's not showing up in the contextual menu, even after a reboot.

I use Dolphin as a file manager.

Any idea? Thank you for your time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	neofetch.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	649520

Libreoffice defines the templates used for the context menus, and not KDE. It should be possible to edit or create a custom one, as they look to be simple .desktop files that reference blank templates or files.
    I have to go to bed, as I have to work at 3AM tomorrow, but the related files are found in

/usr/share/templates

and

/usr/share/templates/.source

There is a .desktop file called soffice.ods.desktop that points to a blank spreadsheet in .source/ called soffice.ods
    Probably all that needs to be done is to create new files that use and point to an xlsx file. It may be able to be placed in your /home dir somewhere so one does not have to muck with system files.

Comment

It worked perfectly, here's what I did:
      In /usr/share/templates/soffice.ods.desktop , I copied and commented out the original URL line and changed its value to /home/USERNAME/Templates/XLSX.xlsx .
      Saved and quit. It worked right away, without the need for a reboot.

Thank you so much my good Sir, your help is greatly appreciated!
      Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 04, 2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X