This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreOffice on Kubuntu, FTP problems

I have a FTP server on my work that can be accessed only in active FTP mode. In Kubuntu settings I've set up the active FTP mode, so it is opened without problems with Dolphin and MC. But I have these problems when trying to open files on server with LibreOffice and Dolphin:
    1. LibreOffice does not recognize system settings for FTP, so can't open files and shows a message about it after several minutes;
    2. On my work, where I can use passive FTP connection through LAN, LibreOffice can't open files having non-Latin path/file name, because the server has the CP1251 encoding.

It works fine everywhere with Midnight Commander, also it is opened fine with use of Dolphin and MS Office (wine).
    Is there a way to fix it, or I should give in on this?

Kubuntu 18.04, LibreOffice 6.0.6.2

On the LibreOffice bug site this work-a-round was listed:

sudo apt install libreoffice-gnome gvfs-backend
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 13, 2018, 12:51 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Both are already installed...

Comment

Then the next step I'd try is to PURGE LibreOffice, followed by autoremove, then delete the config files in your home account, then reinstall LibreOffice and its dependencies only. Don't install libreoffice-gnome and gvfs-backend unless the problem reappears.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Thanks, but it unfortunately does not work in any combination.

Comment

copy ,edit ,replace ,profit ...
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I'm assuming that you went to LibreOffice's options, Internet, Proxy and tried to set it to manual using your FTP proxy and the port number, which you holed your firewall to allow through.

Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 15, 2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X