This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting KDE Feature?

I'm new to KDE, so still discovering what I can do. Absolutely love it by the way...

I think I'm inadvertently discovering a feature rather than a problem.

Once in a while when dragging an open window around, suddenly all the open windows burst into a small previews organized into rows on the screen. Then I just click on the one I'm interested in, and all goes back to normal. It happens so fast, I can't tell what I did or intentionally recreate the action. Tried to find it in the KDE manual on line and tried Googling it, but I'm not describing it well enough to find any references.

It this some kind of hot-corner feature I'm unaware of? Anyone familiar with this?

I suspect it's the "Present Windows" feature in System Settings > Desktop Behavior > Desktop Effects > Window Management.

I can use Ctrl+F10 to toggle it. I don't what you did to get that effect in case it is the same thing. But see "Screen Edges"
    Last edited by chimak111; Aug 22, 2018, 10:45 AM.
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Definitely a hot corner action, which you can configure or disable in System Settings

Comment

Thank you both!.

Comment

I can get a similar effect by rolling the center mouse wheel while my cursor is in a blank spot on the panel.
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
          X