Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get Plank or Docky on all desktops?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] how to get Plank or Docky on all desktops?

I like to use an applications dock like plank or docky Problem is in KDE (plasma5) can't get it to work on all desktops. It only works on desktop # 1 It does not show up on Desktop # 2 or #3 etc. Just # 1 anyone figured out how to make it appear on all virtual desktops? thanks.
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Try Latte Dock.

It's a native Plasma 5 app and is really good. Also very configurable. You should find it in the repository.

I have found that it will even overlay a standard Plasma panel without problem as I prefer my panel on the bottom. I use it that way on my desktop system as I have found the Icons Only task manager icon size is too small for my liking without making the panel too thick.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

In 'Window Rules' in systemsetting, you can make a rule something like this.

On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thanks both of you for your reply. acheron your suggestion did not work for me, maybe I did something wrong. But Rod J I tried Latte and it's working well so will stick with that, thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
          Thanks both of you for your reply. acheron your suggestion did not work for me, maybe I did something wrong.
          It's not the simplest thing in the world to set up, but does work. I hoped the screenshots would give enough to do it, but giving the visible result rather than the exact steps may not be enough.

I agree that latte is a better option if you are prepared to try that.
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thank you Latte is better suited to Plasma desktop intergrates well. though I'm sure sometime in the future I'll be using that customization in windows rules for something else. Learned something today about kde - thank you

Comment

Working...
            X