X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phone transfer tethered uses KDE Connect

Not much more to say
    I just noticed it today when I was offloading phone pics.
    One does not get the "normal notices" one "might" get a notice on an activity icon, so it may be related to using activities and having them pointed to certain applications.
    One can go through "notifications" when the tether is made and one will see that one is going through KDE connect
    One can go through Dolphin on the computer to the phone and one will see that one is going through KDE connect.

However, this MAY be an artifact of me purposely having KDE connect on the phone and on the computer or it may be a "new way" of using KDE connect that is not directly related to "purposely" using KDE Connect.

It may also be that the MTP (usb) protocol now uses KDE Connect or vice-versa I'm not going to spend the time to figure it out.

If someone does not "purposely" use KDE connect but does tethering and was used to using MTP (usb) and has noticed this behaviour please so post for the edification of one and all.

In other words KDE Connect may be in an update to the computer and one just didn't notice it, maybe an item is not made in the menu system.

And, as always if there are any comments that folks would like to make about tethered transfer please so do!

For the transfer of a single file or a couple of pics / wahtever it is, to this worker, a very fast select the pic and select share and choose KDE and it just goes.

KDE connect also provides discernment between multiple computers that are running and have the app.

woodlikesKDEconnect!smoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 15, 2018, 03:28 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X