X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ajust plasma destop to xrander new virtual destop

Hello guys i need some help.

I need to apply xrander to scale my hidpi and fhd display. i managed to get scaling right dimensions to look well. now i need to restart plasmashell after xrander, and restart all autostart scripts to adjust scaling. the only think left which dont work well is mouse coursor which is blinking on primary display, and i look for ways to solve it. Is there posibility to set laptop display in xorg.config to use it with different dpi value than others.

Welcome to KFN. What version of Kubuntu are you running?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have last kubuntu 17.10 with plasma 5.12. i have tried to put xrandr in autostart and before session start but it didn't adjust well. i would like just to solve cursor problem for the first, its really annoying that its not visible sometimes on primary display. i could do later some startup script to fix things after xrandr command.

Comment

Kinda thinking out loud but I've learned that KDE can autostart stuff before the desktop is drawn, which would make xrandr kinda useless.

I had problems with conky starting before desktop and resolved it by putting conky in a saved session, but that's not something you can do with xrandr. Try adding a two-second pause to your autostart script and see if it helps - it might and is easy to roll back if it doesn't help.

edit: Not sure it *will* help but might be worth a try.
        Last edited by wizard10000; Feb 28, 2018, 11:59 AM.
        we see things not as they are, but as we are.
        -- anais nin

Comment

yeh i tried but dint help. does anybody know which service run mouse cursor? i found tool called kscreen-doctor which could solve it but dont know how to do it

Comment

Working...
          X