This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] I hate these icons

I installed a daily update package and all of a sudden, the icons in my applications changed and I can't figure out how to reset it from System Settings. There's obviously something I'm missing. What is it?Click image for larger version

Name:	i hate these icons.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	649290

Calling Rog131 !!!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Calling Rog131 !!!
      Explain please

Comment

You haven't told us anything about your system; what version of kubuntu are you running? Is it a stock release, or is this KDE neon? Details, please.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          You haven't told us anything about your system; what version of kubuntu are you running? Is it a stock release, or is this KDE neon? Details, please.
          Fair enough. It's Kubuntu 17.10. I upgraded a couple weeks ago, so it would be a stock release.

Comment

Thank you.

How are you doing your updates? GUI or from the konsole? To ensure that your system is really up to date, open a konsole and type: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by markslaw View Post
              Explain please
              Rog131 is the defactor expert in the inner workings of KDE.

I assumed that you went to the usual place to try and change the Icon size?
              System Settings --> Appearance --> Icons --> Advanced tab and in the "Use of Icon" column select "Panel". Select your desired size on the right side of that panel. Click the "Apply" button.

If that didn't work then Rog131 is your man. IF he sees this he'll jump in.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It's not the size of the icons I hate, it's the icons themselves. System Settings doesn't let me change them or I am missing something. That's the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  Thank you.

How are you doing your updates? GUI or from the konsole? To ensure that your system is really up to date, open a konsole and type: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
                  That's how I upgraded to 17.10. The updates I'm talking about appear as an icon in the system tray on an almost daily basis. That's what I clicked on today and everything changed!

Comment

Isn't this an issue with an Icon theme set of some sort (unfortunately I am at work and not in front of a Kubuntu install)?

EDIT: I 'm assuming you are referring to the icons in LibreOffice (but you know what is said about assuming).

EDIT 2: For system icons (ie the panel, menu, etc.) check:
                    System Settings -> Icons (Icon Theme -> Theme &/or Icon Theme -> Advanced) ... the settings on the LiveUSB I have for neon (i know i know) the defaults are Breeze.

and for application icons (ie toolbars, etc.) check:

System Settings -> Application Style -> Widget Style &/or GNOME/GTK Applications

EDIT 3: For LibreOffice check:
                    (In LibreOffice) Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> View -> Icon size and style
                    Last edited by benny_fletch; Feb 22, 2018, 04:09 PM.
                    Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
                    tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Originally posted by benny_fletch View Post
                      EDIT 3: For LibreOffice check:
                      (In LibreOffice) Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> View -> Icon size and style
                      ^^^^ That. There was an update to 5.4.5 which is bringing more than its fair share of issues.
                      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
                      X